In a nutshell, OEC is third generation family-owned and proud of it. As the largest and oldest privately-held premedia company in North America, OEC Graphics is a corporation on the move. We’re nationwide; newly expanded on the West Coast and we recently crossed the border into Canada. We figure, with this much technological innovation to offer, we should probably share.
Our proven track record of success is a testament to the trust our partners have placed in our industry knowledge and technical expertise — we are a team of a team of experts, dedicated to innovation, working day after day to successfully translate graphics into well-known brands in the marketplace.
The OEC Prepress Technician is part of a team of experts, dedicated to innovation, working day after day to successfully translate graphics into well-known brands in the marketplace. In this role, the Flexographic Prepress Technician is responsible for layout and preparation of electronic files per customer and printer specifications, and produces press ready files. The Prepress Technician positively represents and promotes the OEC image and proactively provides solutions within the ever-changing flexographic industry.
Individual will be responsible for the following duties on a daily basis:
1. Given customer supplied samples, sketches, notes or electronic files to develop the graphics within specified parameters for flexographic printing.
2. Build art to the correct sizes according to the exact specifications provided by customer.
3. Make corrections to customer supplied art, setting type, simplifying vector art supplied by customer, color separation of line art elements, simplifying color pallets, adding all OEC marks and tag lines, adding all printers’ marks, and checking the customer’s supplied artwork.
4. Build graphics using press specs for separations, traps, bleeds, etc.
5. Output laser/inkjet proofs and press accurate proofs.
6. Produce and verify printable bar codes.
7. Create job layout and printing marks to customer specifications.
8. Apply bump curves, cutbacks and screen angles for flexo final plating finals.
9. Exercise good judgment and decision-making based upon the client’s requirements and the plate making and printing processes being used.
10. Ability to accurately check files for color separations, min dots, minimum press specs, spelling, document size, etc.
11. Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Solid customer focused philosophy and ability to work directly with customers.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• General flexographic and corrugated knowledge is necessary. Ability to learn is essential.
• Solid computer skills and working knowledge of MAC OS and Windows Operating Systems.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication, organization and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle demanding schedules and multiple priorities.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles and ability to implement.
Education and/or Experience:
At minimum, an associate Degree in related field or equivalent years experience within a pre-press/printing environment. Individual must have a proficient knowledge of software applications and knowledgeable in Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge in Esko preferred.