Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion. Over 20,000 employees located at 176 subsidiaries across 63 countries work every day to meet the needs of customers by improving performance on the essentials of business, such as reliable, on-time delivery and consistent product quality. A leader in innovation, Sun Chemical has 17 research and development centers that are committed to creating inks, coatings, pigments and other solutions that improve productivity, create new revenue opportunities for customers, and contribute to a more sustainable future. Sun Chemical is a recognized leader in printing inks, coatings and supplies for the packaging, publication, commercial, industrial, and digital markets and introduces solutions that enable marketers to better manage their brand colors, protect product integrity through improvements in packaging, and introduce security features that defend against counterfeiting. Additionally, Sun Chemical manufactures Flexographic printing plates for a wide variety of groups that include: global Consumer Package Goods companies, national converters, and local converters.
1) Sun Chemical Overview Video: https://youtu.be/7vjYX-s4j1w
2) Sun Chemical Flexographic Plate Manufacturing Overview Video: https://youtu.be/f_9ymfa_HG8
An excellent opportunity to join a Global industry leading company that offers many areas of career growth with excellent company benefits.
Job Location: Concord, CA
The Production Artist is responsible for converting customer supplied artwork into a plate ready file. This involves interpreting customer requirements to create and/or manipulate digital files to produce Flexographic printing plates. Additionally, the Production Artist will work with customer supplied artwork to ensure content, color quality, layout, file management, and other customer specified standards are followed.
Core Position Functions:
- Create Flexographic press-ready artwork for separations. Perform Pre-press/layout according to customer supplied artwork, structures, and sample drawings.
- Perform Pre-press/layout according to customer supplied artwork, structures, and sample drawings.
- Work with an established team comprising of a Customer Service Representative and Pre-Planner to create press-ready artwork.
- Create templates and layouts from customer supplied samples.
- Re-creating artwork from scans or low-resolution artwork.
- Create separated LEN files using ESKO Rip technology.
- Perform image retouching and color correction.
- Degree in graphics communications
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, In Design, and Esko Rip Technology
- Experience working with Corrugated and/or Wide-Web Converting and Pre-Press preferred
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office experience