The Pottery Barn Catalog Production Team creates over 40 different catalogs per year. Our iconic catalog drives seasonal marketing across the company and over 50 million catalogs are printed per year. The production team's job is to ensure that catalog is error-proof, images are representative of products and we provide our customers with a beautiful book. As part of the team, you'll be part of a publishing heritage that dates back decades and is known around the world.
As catalog production assistant, you will be responsible for creating layout files for image- and copy-intensive catalog spreads. You'll partner with our merchant teams, vendors, writers and designers to build pages and finalize print files. The ideal person would be extremely detail-oriented and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
* BA/BS in Graphic Design, Graphic Communication, Fine Arts, with some related experience preferred.
* Responsible for producing all catalog spreads, for both main and version books.
* Distribute hand bound catalogs as soon as received from printer and maintain archive library.
* Prepare spreads for executive seasonal photo reviews
* Create and maintain seasonal spreadsheet to track status of spreads throughout the season
* Responsible for building spreads in InDesign, using complicated paragraph/character styles and grids.
* Import all pick-up copy and new copy into the spreads in preparation for internal proofing.
* Other administrative tasks as necessary
* Ability to adapt to new production software and systems.