STRIDE's mission is to facilitate transdisciplinary research on the prevention and treatment of obesity and related diseases. Our research impacts all levels of society and leads to improved quality of life across the lifespan.
Family Health Research (FHR) is recruiting for a part-time student Media & Graphics Coordinator. Cal Poly’s FHR is a cross disciplinary network of faculty researchers, students, and staff studying methods to improve family health and reduce long-term chronic disease. The unit is housed in the Kinesiology Department and is also part of the STRIDE Obesity Research Center.
This is a unique opportunity for students with background and interest in media, graphics and communication. The PR/Media & Graphics Coordinator is responsible for beautifying program material, designing interactive graphics, assisting with quarterly newsletter, and maintaining the group’s online presence. She/he will work under the project coordinators; including pamphlets, lesson plans, logos, packets, etc.
Desired Professional and Technical Skills:
• Working knowledge of Adobe CS3+ Programs including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to make interactive graphics
• Ability to multi-task, think critically and troubleshoot
• Personal qualities of determination, organization and flexibility
• Willingness to accept challenges
• Interest or passion in health, fitness and/or nutrition is a plus