Martin Resorts is a family-owned premier collection of hotels located on California's Central Coast. Martin Resorts mission statement is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. One of the area's top 20 employers, Martin Resorts is headquartered in San Luis Obispo. Martin Resorts actively involved in community service projects and dedicated to the betterment of the community.
POSITION: Marketing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Marketing Managers
HOTEL/LOCATION: Home Office – San Luis Obispo
OVERVIEW: Our mission at Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality by enriching the lives of our employees, our guests and our community, one experience at a time. We are looking for someone who understands what it means to LEAD and believes in our culture, values, and mission as much as we do.
Are you interested in making a difference and becoming something great?
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
• You share our company values: Leadership, Empowerment, Authenticity, and Distinction in every interaction and every relationship.
• LEADERSHIP: You do the right thing when no one is looking and accept ownership in everything you do.
• EMPOWERMENT: You inspire respect and trust, showing courage to take action.
• AUTHENTIC: You provide genuine service and experiences with guests and outside vendors.
• DISTINCTION: You uphold the highest standards and go above and beyond.
• HUMM: You are able to work well both independently and as part of a team to achieve extraordinary results.
YOUR ROLE: As a Marketing Assistant, you have a degree in graphic communications, marketing, or a related field. You are passionate about living on the Central Coast and seek to translate your creativity into effective written, verbal, and digital assets. The Marketing Assistant is a team-oriented, motivated individual with exceptional skills in graphic design including HTML coding. You are enthusiastic and organized, often taking initiative in a team environment to achieve extraordinary results. Your design style is clean and you have the ability to follow and adhere to brand standards. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
YOUR WORK DAY:
• Work closely with the Marketing Managers in order to strategize and execute marketing campaigns.
• Design and create collateral for marketing campaigns including print and digital assets.
• Create designs, concepts and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
• Edit HTML code for website and email designs as needed
• Follow design parameters and stylistic guidelines consistent with the Martin Resorts brand.
• Assist with sourcing and ordering promotional products as needed.
• Process invoices and expense reports.
• Collaborate and communicate with the Marketing Team regarding new ideas and feedback on performance.
Include samples of design portfolio and any other applicable projects upon submitting an application. Submit an application here: https://martinresorts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/04311bfa-8815-899c-db95-f3976345f52c/apply?source=576294-CS-22430
• Experience creating and editing videos is a plus
• Working knowledge of HTML and HTML5
• Previous hospitality experience is preferred