OEC's employees are part of a team of experts, dedicated to innovation, working day after day to successfully translate graphics into well-known brands in the marketplace.
OEC Graphics is a family-owned company with a national reputation for being world-class technical experts in premedia technology. Although flexographic premedia is our core business, we are diverse. AMPHORA Brand Design and our Display Graphics manufacturing division extend our reach into different areas of creativity and production. OEC’s diversity allows us to offer entry-level positions in a variety of areas with room for advancement. Each employee is offered a path to reach their full potential, with ongoing training, flexibility and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Graphic Services Representative is responsible for representing OEC Graphics as the primary day-to-day liaison between customers and OEC for graphics management. Proactively identify customer requirements, work to resolve or recommend solutions within established guidelines, or escalate to management as appropriate. Responsible for transferring graphics information and inputting prepress orders while continuously striving to accommodate customer requirements and communicate their needs to OEC. In short, the Graphic Services Representative is a solutions finder, a details guru, a project juggler, and a customer service Phenom!
Location: Portland, Oregon
Status: Full-time; Exempt - Salaried
• Coordinate prepress services with client, its customers, and OEC Graphics. Represent OEC at pre-production meetings with clients and suppliers to review prepress capabilities, procedures and systems. Coordinate regular conference calls; identify and facilitate more frequent calls as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Manage and coordinate all graphic files and prepress. Review incoming artwork for adherence to printing and converting specifications.
• Maintain job and project status schedules.
• Coordinate and enter approved project information in client system (if applicable) and manage job projects through OEC production process.
• Complete OEC order entry detailing all prepress and print relevant information including but not limited to colors, sizes, style, substrate, etc. Organize and maintain customer and company documentation for each job, including but not limited to order entry and estimating.
• Coordinate proof approval process with customer through written and verbal communication. Review proofs against original artwork to ensure printing and converting specs and instructions are maintained. Coordinate revisions if required. Assist in supporting proofing activities as necessary.
• Adhere to all pertinent safety and quality assurance standards, checks, and procedures of both OEC and client; work to continuously evaluate and improve processes as necessary or required.
• Any other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels of the organization
• Understanding of prepress and printing
• Strong project management skills; able to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated independent judgment within given parameters
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Solid computer skills in both Mac/PC environments
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Communications, or related Graphic Arts field, with at least 3 years of experience in project management is preferred. Any combination of education and/or work experience will substitute for minimum requirements. Prior experience in flexographic printing is strongly preferred.